A sidetone: As it has been just over two months since my last post, I feel like I should probably explain my predicament. February is not my favorite month by a long stretch, and for awhile I was stuck in a creativity slump that I couldn’t get out of, no matter how many hours I spent on Pinterest, playlists I tried listening to on 8tracks, or even sunsets that I watched. Eventually I self-diagnosed myself: I was suffering a serious case of February Blues, possibly my worse case of it to date. The weather did not tempt me to take any pictures, and over all, I felt sluggish and lazy all month. But if you’ve noticed, the Earth is waking up, and I think my creativity is as well. If anything, this is a start, and a promise to myself and everyone that more regular content is ahead.
Spring is coming. Each day seems a little brighter, and everyday I feel like I have more energy and creative vibes flowing through me. Last Friday, I decided it was finally time to bust out my camera once again and enjoy the beautiful weather. I asked Patricia to be my muse for the day, because who better to take pictures of than the human embodiment of Spring herself? Here are the pictures we took and a solid playlist that acts as a soundtrack to my spring adventures. Thanks to all of my hip friends who contributed.
- April Come She Will/ Simon and Garfunkel- “April come she will, When streams are ripe and swelled with rain. May, she will stay, Resting in my arms again.”
- For Emma/ Bon Iver- “Go find another lover; To bring a- to string along! With all your lies, You’re still very lovable. I toured a light So many foreign roads For Emma, forever ago.”
- Flowers in Your Hair/ The Lumineers- “Be in my eyes. Be in my heart.”
West Coast- “It rains a lot this time of year. And we both go together if one falls down, I talk out loud like you’re still around.”
- Put Your Records On/ Corinne Bailey Rae- “Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, Just go ahead, let your hair down.”
- Daylight/ Matt and Kim- “And in the daylight I don’t pick up my phone ’cause in the daylight anywhere feels like home.”
Cats and Dogs/ The Head and the Heart- “Fallin’ from the sky there are raindrops in my eyes And my thoughts are digging’ in the backyard. My roots have grown but I don’t know where they are.”
- Going to California/ Led Zeppelin- “Someone told me there’s a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair.”
Here Comes the Sun/ The Beatles- “Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting. Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been clear. Here come the sun. Here comes the sun and I say ‘It’s alright’.”
- Honey Hi/ Fleetwood Mac- “Who could be sweeter than you? Honey, honey, honey Bittersweet, but what can I do? Lord, it’s good to talk to you.”
- A Father’s First Spring/ The Avett Brothers- “I never lived till I lived in your light And my heart never did beat like it does at the sight of you baby blue, God blessed your life.”
- Someday/ The Strokes- “When we was young, oh man did we have fun.”
Happy Spring, friends.